Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Ironhot-heart Cookies


The cartoon characters drawn by my daughter. She's entering Uni to study design in a few months' time. I translated her drawings into cookies just for her.  Of course her drawing is much better than what i can pipe. This is the best i can do - for someone (me) who has piped less than 5x! Piping is my nemesis!  

Ironhot-Heart is the name of the robot (in case you don't know that's a robot..since a friend of mine thought the head looked like a monkey & the arms like prawns! :( Guess must be my bad piping skills for her to think that way!! lol! ) my daughter gave her cartoon characters.  And also to clarify that girl on the flower cookie is not a robot girl (which i thought it was initially and met with much protest by my daughter) but Marshmallow Girl....*roll eyes* 


16 comments:

maameemoomoo said...

it's very good already faithy!

less than 5 x and this? Thumbs up! :)

ps : your daughter can draw very well!

Whimsy Cookie Co. said...

Hi Faithy!! I think they are absolutely precious!! Great job!!

Sarah, Maison Cupcake said...

They look great! I need to practice my piping. I can never be bothered to mix up different colours of icing at the same time.

Lois B said...

They're adorable!

Best wishes for your daughter at university.

Haniela said...

Hi Faithy!
you did fabulous job.So many tiny details. Lucky daughter to have you make her designs into cookies.How FUN!
She is very creative.

Cocina Savant said...

These are adorable! Looks like you have some great piping skills to me!

Anncoo said...

I think these look perfect!

Nicola said...

Very cool!

And of course it is a Marshmallow girl and a robot. How could anyone be confused? ;)

Vicki said...

How cute these are! Very clever. I love "Marshmellow Girl". Your piping a frosting flooding technique look good to me.

Jill @ Jillicious Discoveries said...

These cookies are so CUTE!! Great job on them!! :)

Cake Believe said...

Great work on piping....translating images using royal icing is not an easy task. I'm sure she was thrilled!

pigpigscorner said...

You did a great job! They are so cute!

faithy, the baker said...

Thank you all for your sweet comments and for dropping by! Not only did your comments made my day but also gave me a boost in my confidence to do more piping! Thanks so much for all your encouragement! :)

Red30 said...

These are too cute! Your daughter is talented just like her mother!!

Pei-Lin said...

Faithy! Are you trying to put me into a corner elsewhere or what? You just piped five times and already got this remarkable result!? Kidding? Seriously, you're good enough! If I were you and am this good, I'd have been too happy and I got suffocated to death! *Eyes rolling*

Y said...

Haha to the prawn monkey. They look like robots to me and fantastic ones too!