Thursday, October 14, 2010

Flora Painted Cake


This is just a practice (to-paint) cake and for nobody in mind...as i'm typing this, this cake is still in the fridge untouched..lol!   I had major fondant issues with this cake and the fondant kept tearing...bugs me to see tears/crack lines on the fondant. Strange.. i could only blame it on the weather and for me not turning on the air conditioning.   

I painted this free-hand and it's my first time painting directly on the fondant cake.  It feels different and not like the usual painting on paper..:S.  Definitely more room (lots in fact!) for improvement for sure! I need to find the right consistency for the paint - food colors i meant.  **The flower pattern that i've painted is made with reference to Donna Dewberry's paint work in her book.** 

I've been slacking in commenting on my blogger friends' blog posts (you all know who you are..:D..but i do try to catch up whenever i can..)..because i have been busy with translating Pierre Hermé's Macaron book to English with the help of google translate..lol! Yup..here it is...


Don't ask me why I bought this since it is in French and I don't read or write or speak French. I suppose this is THE Pierre Hermé Macaron book and it was sitting on the bookshelf staring at me..so how can i not buy it?! LOL!  So far, i've translated 20 initial pictorial pages and google translate has been doing a very good job for me. LOL!  I can safely say i can now understand the ingredients listed in French in this book.  :D


19 comments:

Lora said...

That cake is exquisite. You are quite the artist. And major props for attempting the book translation. wow.

Katya said...

Wow.

Anncoo said...

WOW! Looks like a beautiful gift box :))

Haniela said...

What a gorgeous gorgeous Cake. You are so super talented!
I can't wait for your macaroons.

Tracy said...

Wow! The painting on that cake is gorgeous!!

Cake Fixation said...

The painting is fantastic! :) And good luck with the translating.

Andrea said...

Wow! What a beautiful cake!

The Cakerator said...

You made me laugh, I would have done the samething and brought the book, I use google translator religiously since my blog seems to be famous in Slovania for some reason. Your painting is awesome BTW, very nicely done.

Vicki said...

Faithy, this has to be undoubtedly the most beautiful cake I've ever seen.

Lois B said...

Faithy, I must echo the comments above - a beautiful piece of art! I'm just wondering what you do in your "day job." I guessing it's something creative and artistic.

Mendy said...

ב''ה

Really fabulous! I wish I had furniture and china with that design!

jkcurtis said...

The cake is beautiful! You are very talented. Thanks for sharing and I really enjoy your site.a

Barbara Bakes said...

Oh my - you are amazingly talented! The cake is beautiful!

Art and Appetite said...

That is fabulous! BEautiful paint job!

Marj said...

faithy, that cake is a piece of artwork - just beautiful! Not sure where you saw flaws, but I sure didn't see any :)

SweetThingsTO said...

I love your painted cake - it is beautiful - you are so multi-talented when it comes to cake!

faithy, the baker said...

Thank you all for your wonderful comments. I realized i forgot to thank all of you! :P Sorry!

Val said...

Hi

I really love your blog and admire your talent..
I wish i could do beautiful cookies and cakes like you..

Im a french mom and if you need some help to traduce some words or exressions of your book, dont ' hesite to Email me.
Valérie

lilaloa said...

You are incredible!