Thursday, December 23, 2010

Wedding Macarons

Thank you all for your lovely comments on my earlier post re the wedding cookies i made for my friend.  All of you are always so encouraging and kind with your words.  Thanks! :D   Without further ado, here's the second installment of the wedding cookies..this time round in the form of macarons.  Macarons are also cookies correct?  Not so sure..but i think so.  As my friend's wedding theme is pink, so pink and white macarons (white looking more like champagne color actually) it is.. I hunted for THE cute ribbon for the longest time and managed to find the one that i like but it's sooo expensive...what to do, i needed to have that ribbon to complete the entire look for the macaron-lollipops, so not much of a choice. 


Tying the ribbons was hard work..believe me..trying to get those little dots facing the correct way was a pain..i actually took 1 hour just to bag and tie 35 of them!  Thankfully only 35 of them in lollipops..the balance 100+ are just normal macarons...*phew*..



I set these up for my amateurish photoshoot..hahaha.  I can't decide if i like the dark background better or the white one. So i posted both here. As you can see, my Macdonald's coke glasses are in action again. Sorry folks, i really don't have any vase or nice flower pots or proper glasses at all.. i only have these free coke glasses..and i have a LOT..yup..i spend every weekend at Macdonalds because that is my son's favorite place.  



In case you all wondering, i baked the shells before i left for my hols to Japan.  I must say macaron freezes very well.  Thus, I just spend the whole of last night after work filling them.  Otherwise, i don't think i can do all 140+ macarons in just a night...and find time to take photos.. :D 

I'm pretty pleased with how my macarons turned out..so sweet and pretty in pink and white.  :D   The pink ones are strawberry macarons filled with strawberry jelly and buttercream. The white ones are rum and raisin macarons filled with "rum-mish" raisin jam and rum buttercream.  Both flavors are the Bride's favorite! :D 

Merry Christmas everyone! :D




19 comments:

giovanna said...

they look awesome! love them!

enq said...

So pretty!

Anonymous said...

I echo my previous comment! Jeannette.

Vicki said...

They are gorgeous!!!

Pei-Lin said...

Faithy! You get my respect once again ... I love your first installment of the wedding favors, too! VERY impressive I must say!

Yes, ain't fun to complete everything in one shot. That'd be too ambitious.

Merry X'mas!

Jennifurla said...

I love the colors and they look perfect, what a great job you did. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Hanaâ said...

These macarons are awesome and so are those wedding favor cookies! Wow, that's a lot of piping. I think I like the candy wrappers best because they're so whimsical. Great job!!

Jenn said...

Faithy, you are amazing! I like the wrapped ones because they are unique. Your choice of ribbon is perfect, very cute. They all look beautiful and I love both pictures (the black background is nice, but the up-close white background ones looks great as well).

Haniela said...

Totally gorgeous!
Merry Merry Christmas!

Katya said...

those are beautiful! what recipe did you use for the shells?

maameemoomoo said...

I like the black background better. Brings out the colour best!

Merry Xmas faithy!

Jamie said...

These are simply gorgeous and I would have loved to have these at my wedding! Beautiful and really beautifully presented! Perfect!

Mendy said...

ב''ה

What a great idea!

Maybe I should do this for my brother's wedding.

Love the lollipops! :)

ButterYum said...

Hi Faithy - your cookies (yes, cookies) look so good. I think your coke glasses are charming :). And my vote is for the dark background, definitely dark - it really makes the colors of your macarons pop.

:)
ButterYum

faithy, the baker said...

Thank you all my dear friends!
Katya, i used Pierre Herme's recipe which can be found on Veron's website or David Lebovitz website. :D HTH!

Priscilla said...

Hi,Thank you for your lovely comments on my cake! Your cake is fantastic.. I have seen this cake design in Debbie Browns book, she does some great books. Yours is identical! Happy New Year!

Priscilla x

Sarah, Maison Cupcake said...

Just catching up with these, they look absolutely splendid, I hope you are very proud of them. I think we can ditch that moniker "amateur" once and for all now!!

Happy New Year xxx

Seattle Real Estate said...

This looks delicious. Thanks for posting.

Kemimor said...

These are amazing! I'm so glad I came across your blog!