Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Rat Birthday Cake


Rat Birthday Cake for a Rat-Lover. She really loves and adores all kinds of rats...and wish she could keep a rat as pet.  Not sure if she managed to get one as a pet though..  I was on work leave last 2 days and managed to find time to make this cake to surprise her. :)   




I had a hard time getting the face to look like a rat.  More difficult than I imagined it to be.  The first try my rat looked really weird..like a surprised rat..or a half-rat-half-rabbit. LOL!  Partly due to the fact that I ran out of colored sugar paste & icing..and didn't want to make more...so I tried to make do with whatever was left.  It looked so funny-weird that I couldnt stop laughing...and didn't help that my husband made all these jokes too that had my daughter and I in stitches. I laughed soo much that I couldn't continue. Next day, I woke up with fresh ideas and made some notable changes (and yes, I made more sugar paste & icing!) and finally the rat looked like a rat!..at least I think so....hahaha  

I realised I only made 3 decorated cakes for 2014! Maybe next year I'll have more energy & motivation to make more. 

Happy New Year Everyone! :D  




7 comments:

Vicki said...

Really cute, Faithy! I'm sure your friend adored it! My friend from grade school gave her son a handmade teapot that looked like a rat for Christmas. He loves them, too.

Jenn said...

Cute rat. He looks like the rat from ratattouille.

faithy said...

Thank you Vicki & Jenn!! :D

Amelia said...

Hi faithy, Wow...fantastic! That's a very cute rat cake. You're excellent.

Happy New Year to you. Regards.
Amelia

SweetThingsTO said...

This is fabulous! Wow!

Unknown said...

Rat looks so realistic

Marcela said...

omg! The cake loos awesome!